REDUCE SLIPPING ACCIDENTS
OSHA, BOCA, VOSI, ADA &
International Building Code (IBC)
MODEL 80 FLOOR & FOOTWEAR FRICTION TESTER
- The Model 80 is an extremely simple instrument that measures ''slip resistance'' by determining both the static and kinetic coefficients of friction between leather (dry) and rubber
(dry & wet) and the floor surface.
- The contact area of the leather pads is designed to simulate the pressure caused by a 160 lb. person wearing leather or rubber soled shoes; thereby providing a realistic comparison with actual service conditions. Test results correlate with slip & fall accident rate.
1. Test floors per VOSI
V41.21(*), ''Universal Specification / Test Method for Slip Resistant Walkways, in the Field and Laboratory, as Measured by a Drag Type
2. Test footwear per VOSI
V41.22(*), ''Universal Specification / Test Method for Slip
Resistant Footwear, in the Field and Laboratory, as Measured by a Drag Type
MODEL 80 TEST KIT
- Padded carrying case containing: 10 lb. Weight, 5 lb. Force Gage Calibration Weight, 10.6 lb. Range Force Gage, 0.20 lb. divisions readable to 0.10 lb. (0.01 COF), Temperature / Humidity Gage.
- Secondary Standard Polypropylene Leather Test Surface (dry test only)
- Secondary Standard ''Florida'' Ceramic Tile Rubber Test Surface (dry & wet)
- Sensor pads: Leather on test weight (dry only); ''Monarch EVA'' (dry & wet)
- Replacement Pads (set of 3): Leather $40 -
''Monarch EVA'' $60 - Silicone Rubber $100
Cost: $1500 (includes operator certification) FOB: North Caldwell,
Click here to see Model 80 components which can be used to test both
flooring and footwear.
Click here for Model 80
Printable Fact Sheet
(*) see www.voicesofsafety.com .
. . "Slip & Fall Standards"